The Organisation for Diaspora Initiatives (ODI) hosts an international conference on Indian Diaspora in Development of Home and Host Countries: A Comparative Perspective in Ahmadabad, Gujarat, India January 10-11, 2015.
Organizers welcome conference papers that focus on, but are not confined to, the following sub-themes:
- India and its Global diaspora: Historical Linkages and Modern migration
- Contribution of the Indian Diaspora to their host countries.
- The role of the Indian diaspora in the development of India: Historical and Contemporary
- Journeys of the Women of Indian diaspora: as ‘carriers of culture’, preservers of identity, and contestations of gender roles
- Problems of connectivity: The Indian diaspora from different regions within India.
- Indian Foreign Policy: Comparative Importance of diaspora as a heritage and strategic resource for emerging India
Abstracts in 250 words are invited on any of the sub-themes by 15th of November 2014 to coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Modest accommodation and free conference meals and kits will be provided to those participants whose final paper (5000 words) is received by 15th of December 2014. The abstract selection will be communicated by 19th of November 2014. There will be no registration fee for the seminar. Papers from the conference may be published in the peer reviewed journal Diaspora Studies, published by Routledge, U.K..