The International Journal of Migration and Border Studies
Call for Papers – Issue (2015): 3
Editor in Chief
Prof. France Houle, Université de Montréal, Canada Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The International Journal of Migration and Border Studies (IJMBS) is pleased to announce a call for papers for its third issue in 2015.
IJMBS aims to bring together a diverse range of scholars and practitioners to advance knowledge and improve practice and methodologies in a broad range of issued related to migration and borders studies. Broadly speaking, it seeks to provide different perspectives to its readership ranging from exclusion to integration of permanent, temporary and irregular migrants as well as asylum seekers. Articles covering a large spectrum of topics addressing the development of international, transnational and national immigration policies viewed in a broad sense are welcome. What could be the best practices regarding inclusion? Which measures have exclusionary effects? Some examples of themes this journal intends to cover are listed below.
Broad themes on which articles are sought include but are not limited to:
- Innovations in institutional, procedural and social arrangements to deal with border security and immigration policy;
- Personal information databases and exchanges;
- Measures to restrict access to asylum;
- The coherence and coordination between various actors dealing with issues such as health, education, social welfare, employment and law enforcement in the migration context;
- Causes and consequences (economic, social, political, environmental, etc.) of migration and their legal and policy implications;
- Local, regional and international mechanisms and logics that transform political and media discourses, norms, policies and practices related to migration and border studies;
- Development of new priorities for immigration programmes;
- The role of gender, age, social status, ability, race and other factors in curtailing border and immigration policies;
- Indigenous rights and claims and border and migration studies;
IJMBS is a peer-reviewed journal which offers a forum for disciplinary and inter-disciplinary research concerning conceptual, theoretical, empirical and methodological dimensions related to key concepts that underpin them: borders, immigration and integration policies, humanitarianism, sovereignty, states, citizenship, etc. Such critical analysis contributes to a better understanding of current challenges from different disciplinary perspectives including law, sociology, anthropology, social policy and social welfare, criminology, political economy, political science and public politics.
The journal invites submissions from both emerging and established scholars, including graduate students, post- graduates, professors and practitioners from around the globe, with the objective of ensuring that a plurality of experiences and perspectives is represented.
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written and if appropriate written permissions have been obtained from any copyright holders of the original paper).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process. All papers must be submitted online. Please read our information on preparing and submitting articles.
Submission deadline: 31st January, 2015
For a .pdf version of this CfP please click here