The Zolberg Institute is pleased to open applications to join the Summer 2019 cohort of Zolberg – IRC Fellows. The deadline to apply is April 15, 2019. Please submit a cover letter, CV and three work samples (writing and/or design portfolio) as one single PDF to Meryl Makielski <firstname.lastname@example.org> with “IRC Zolberg Fellow” and the position for which you are applying clearly in the subject line.
Cohort: Summer and Fall 2019
Project aim: The fellow will lead the development of key written and visual content to strengthen knowledge management, reporting, and communications of innovative approaches to humanitarian aid, as well as critical research findings. They will work closely with IRC’s research and innovations teams to develop materials communicating complex information and data succinctly to a variety of internal and external audiences.
The fellow will have the opportunity to play a leading role in developing products, platforms, and templates, such as a new annual report, portfolio tracking software, and infographics.
Previous personal, professional or academic experience in graphic design, blog writing, social media, and working on web-based platforms is of benefit. Top applicants will have keen eye for graphic design and strong instincts for developing web content. Proficiency with Microsoft Office is mandatory, and Adobe Creative Suite is desired.
- Design templates, tools, and style guide for key Airbel knowledge products and collateral in line with new branding guidance.
- Ensure consistency of all visuals coming out of Airbel team, and alignment with branding.
- Design and create digital content, including infographics, slide decks, publications, and social media graphics to effectively communicate complex information and large swathes of data.
- Create content for and complete design and layout of quarterly internal newsletters.
- Create content for Airbel blog and social media channels.
- Support periodic updates to Airbel website through use of portfolio tracking software and working with project leads.
- Support internal communications and knowledge sharing campaigns from conception to execution – including event organization.
Potential travel: Yes, fellow will have the opportunity to travel to the field to collect multimedia materials for storytelling
Skill set sought:
- Proficiency in design tools such as InDesign, Illustrator & Photoshop.
- Understanding of visual design principles and how to align with branding guidance.
- Strong communication and storytelling skills.
- Interest in and knowledge of humanitarian aid and/or refugee issues.
- Previous experience creating graphics to communicate complex information through work or studies is advantageous.
- Strong coordination and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced work environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work independently and with a multi-disciplinary team.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com