The Zolberg Institute on Migration and Mobility at The New School invites applicants for an appointment as a Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Migration and Mobility Studies with a tentative start date of July 1, 2023. This is a 24-month postdoctoral position, for the 2023-2025 academic years. This is an ideal opportunity for recent Ph.D. graduates to join a leading teaching, research, and policy institute on migration and mobility studies in New York City.
The Zolberg Institute on Migration and Mobility provides a space for research and scholarship, policy debate, and discussion with activists and artists around issues of global migration and mobility, their economic impact, political consequences and their meaning for issues of citizenship and identity. To learn more visit: zolberginstitute.org.
The New School is strongly committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and particularly seeks applications from members of underrepresented groups, as well as candidates who share this commitment.
Responsibilities: We are seeking an outstanding scholar in migration and/or mobility studies to join the Zolberg Institute. The Fellow will be expected to assist in the development of the Zolberg Institute’s core curriculum on migration and will teach two courses or seminars during each academic year (for a maximum of four courses total). The Fellow will also contribute to the Institute’s facilitation of public engagement with academics, policy makers, activists and artists as related to migration and mobility.
The Fellow will have the opportunity to participate in ongoing research at the Zolberg Institute and will develop new research based on their interests and expertise with faculty at The New School and with external colleagues. The Postdoctoral Fellow will have access to the Zolberg Institute’s network of leading migration experts and scholars as part of the Institute’s intellectual community.
Minimum Qualifications: The selection among eligible candidates will be based on:
- Applicants must have completed their Ph.D. by the position start date.
- Expertise in migration and/or mobility studies
- Experience in course development
- Applicant’s personal references
- Willingness and ability to work as part of a multi- and transdisciplinary team
- Strong evidence of excellent organization, communication, presentation and writing skills
- Strong evidence of excellence in working in research teams, and ability to provide leadership in a network of scholars and practitioners
- Ability to adhere to University COVID-19 Policy
Work Modality: On-Campus Position: Postdoctoral Research Fellow is expected to work on-campus due to the nature of the work in accordance with University Policies as set forth in the Full-Time Faculty Handbook.
Salary Range: $55,000-$60,000 annually
To Apply: Review of applications will begin on April 10, 2023, and may continue until the position is filled. Interested candidates should submit:
- An academic CV;
- A two-page statement of interest detailing previous and ongoing research, your dedication to the Zolberg Institute’s mission and goals, and your commitment to The New School’s academic and intellectual life;
- An example of written work, 20-page length maximum; and
- Names and email addresses for two references who can speak to your work.
Applicants may be contacted at the discretion of the search committee for additional materials. Application materials must be submitted here.
For information on the University benefits package including health and retirement plans, please visit http://www.newschool.edu/human-resources/benefits/
We look forward to receiving your application!
To apply for this job please visit newschool.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.