The Zolberg Institute is a preeminent space for leading academics, practitioners and policymakers to reframe the discussion of migration and mobility, and the impact it has on human rights, economics, borders, and mobility of peoples. We bring together a diverse set of talents and skills from The New School community to rethink human mobility in innovative ways, advancing debates about migration and claims for social justice.
Assistant Specialist will build and transition the Zolberg Institute on Migration and Mobility’s website and affiliated websites from WordPress to Squarespace and/or reformatting WordPress website to be mainstreamed and easily customizable for ongoing projects, events, and announcements. The Assistant will maintain updated content to Institute’s digital platforms, including the uploading of photos, videos, articles, events, and announcements. Support of Institute faculty and staff is required to troubleshoot and provide technical aid for web platforms as needed.
The ideal candidate will be interested in issues of migration and mobility with experience in visual storytelling. The Zolberg Institute is seeking applicants who have experience in web design and creative collaboration.
This position is for an approximate 10 hours per week through the Spring semester 2020.
2. Extensive experience with interactive and print design, including typography for print and web
3. Expert skills in applications including but not limited to Adobe Creative Cloud & Microsoft Suite
4. Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
5. Ability to keep track of multiple projects and ensure timely follow-up
6. Strong writing skills and experience creating consistency in content across platforms
7. Demonstrable strength in crafting compelling, visually stimulating presentations using a variety of tools and software
8. Preferred: Interest in migration, immigration, and related areas of study
**Must be a matriculated student at The New School; Federal Work Study (FWS) highly preferred