about this certificate
The Certificate in Migration Studies provides a foundational and interdisciplinary understanding of international migration and the economic, political, social, environmental, and institutional conditions that shape the movement of people across borders.
- Format: Online
- Total Courses: 6 (2 required, 4 elective)
- Cost: $575/course. Reduced pricing is available when the certificate is purchased as a bundle.
A total of six courses is required to successfully complete the certificate. Each course is 6 weeks.
Electives (Select 4)
Use the below form to receive updates on registration and enrollment.
What You'll Gain
– Theoretical and evidence-based understanding of the causes of various forms of migration, considering economic, social, environmental and political dimensions.
– The opportunity to engage in public policy discussions on migration and mobility, including issues of governance, rights, citizenship, borders, and social justice.
– Learn how to distinguish among different forms of migration and the various concepts, practices, and research methods that emerge from different disciplines, ideologies, and traditions.
How You'll Learn
– Engaging video lectures and interviews with subject-matter experts
– A combination of synchronous live face-to-face videos and asynchronous weekly coursework that can be completed anytime
Who Should Enroll
Undergraduate and graduate students, working professionals, and those interested in learning and engaging in public policy discussions on migration, borders, sovereignty, human rights and citizenship should enroll in this certificate.
Current and emerging practitioners who can apply theoretically-informed knowledge to professional activities are highly encouraged to enroll.