Administratively, the senior researcher will be hired as a 80 % postdoctoral researcher (BAP) and a 20% research professor (ZAP).
- The interaction of European migration and asylum law with international law and the activities of international institutions such as UNHCR, IOM, the Council of Europe etc.
- The international diffusion of legal instruments with regards to migration and immigrant integration (including citizenship and anti-discrimination), embracing both a European and transatlantic dimension.
- The role of international courts (European Court of Justice, European Court of Human Rights) in migration and asylum policy-making
The main tasks of the successful candidate consist of:
- Conducting excellent research on the indicated research area within the IES Cluster on Migration, Diversity, and Justice;
- Help develop outreach activities such as Policy Forums and other events;
- Contribute to teaching relating to the indicated theme within the IES Advanced Master programmes, Summer Schools, teaching modules and/or Study Abroad programmes;
- Act as promoter or member of the doctoral committee of relevant IES PhD students;
- Search for external finances to advance the indicated research area, and, subsequently, prepare and manage externally financed research and academic service projects;
- Enhance the cluster’s capacity to draw in external research funding and cooperate with other institutions
- Planned starting date: 01/10/2013 (or as soon as possible thereafter)
- Length of contract: 3 years (possibility of prolongation after a positive evaluation)
- Deadline for application: 31/07/2013
Questions about content? Please contact:
Academic Director of the Institute for European Studies
+32 (0)2 614 80 01
Interested? Any other questions? Please contact:
Management Assistant of the Institute for European Studies
+32 (0)2 614 80 02