Website Zolberg Institute on Migration and Mobility, The New School
The Zolberg Institute on Migration and Mobility at The New School seeks a talent and organized social media and web specialist to support the Institute’s digital presence. This is a Federal Work Study position and therefore students must receive a FWS award in order to apply for this position. This position is an excellent way to strengthen a portfolio, and engage with leading migration scholars and activists.
The Student Assistant Specialist reports to the Associate Director of the Institute. Responsibilities include:
- Support all social media accounts related to the Zolberg Institute by developing, writing, editing, and sharing out original content, and monitoring and promoting partners’ content, in conjunction with the Associate Director; the successful applicant will be able to gather information and organize it into accessible and relevant content for the intended audience;
- Maintain website and make edits as requested by the Associate Director and work with web consultant to upgrade website homepage;
- Craft posters, assets and digital shareables to be used for event or project promotion;
- Other duties as needed.
NOTE: This position is available only to matriculated students of The New School who have a current, valid Federal Work Study Award Letter. For additional information about the Federal Work Study program, please follow this link.
Applicants should demonstrate:
- Proof of Federal Work Study funds;
- Experience and fluency with different social media platforms (primarily Twitter & Facebook);
- Understanding and familiarity with WordPress
- Strong visual design skills
- Interest in migration, refugees, and global affairs
To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter, and FWS Award Letter to Cayce Pack at email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org